Floor Sanding Melbourne - Floor Polishing Melbourne
We provide Floor Sanding Services for All of Melbourne, Victoria.
|per sqm||minimum fee|
|Timber Refresh||$15 - $18||$360|
|Timber Refresh +2 (Add extra tier)||$20 - $24||$360|
|Timber Restore||$28 - $35||$650|
|Timber Refresh (for very worn/damaged floors)||$35 - $38||$650|
|Wood Floor Sanding||$80 - $110||$1,600|
Get a Floor Sanding Quote Today! We get back to you😃
Quotes and assessments entail a $50 fee for Albury, Wodonga, Brisbane, Canberra & Melbourne. $40 everywhere else.
Affordable cost of floor sanding in Melbourne per square meter
Table of Contents
- Floor Sanding Melbourne - Floor Polishing Melbourne
- Affordable cost of floor sanding in Melbourne per square meter
- Melbourne's Best timber floor sanding and staining
- Melbourne Floor Sanding Services
- Wooden Floor Inspection
- Wooden Floor Refinishing
- Our Wood Floor Sanding and Timber Floor Polishing Process
- sand and polish floorboards melbourne
- hardwood floor refinishing
- Areas We Serve
- Floor Sanding Melbourne
- Timber Floor Polishing Melbourne
- Timber Flooring Melbourne Prices
- Timber Floor Sanding Melbourne
- Timber Floor Repairs Melbourne
- Wood Floors Melbourne
- Floor Sanding Melbourne FAQs
- floor polishing services
- floor sanding and polishing near me
- hardwood flooring service melbourne
- how much does parquet flooring cost
- About Melbourne, Victoria
- The Process Of Floor Sanding In Melbourne, VIC
- What Is The Process Of Sanding Floors?
- How Long Does Sanding A Floor Take?
- The Benefits Of Floor Sanding
- The Different Types Of Floor Sanding Machines
- The Cost Of Floor Sanding In Melbourne
- Driving Direction via Fastest route now due to traffic conditions
- What is the process of sanding floors?
- How do I prep my house for floor sanding?
- How long does sanding a floor take?
- How much does it cost to sand and polish floorboards in Melbourne?
- Do I need to clean floors before sanding?
- How do I prep my house for floor sanding?
- Floor Sanding & Floor Polishing FAQ
- How should I prepare the area to be sanded?
- How long will it take to have my floors sanded in Melbourne?
- How long do I have to stay off my floor after floor polishing is complete?
- Why does Floor Sanding in Melbourne finish my floor faster than other companies?
- Do I need to find alternative accommodation while floor sanding and floor polishing in Melbourne?
- Will my house smell from the odor of floor polish?
- How messy will floor sanding be?
- Can you remove all wood or timber floor damage?
- What kinds of floors do you clean, sand and polish?
- How is Electrodry Wood Floor Sanding service different to your other wood floor refinishing services?
Timber Floor Sanding & Floor Polishing Prices and Costs
|Floor Sanding Task||Floor Sanding Price|
Application of wood stain to raw timber
$10 per metre
Surcharge for Gloss Coating
$7.50 per metre
Removal and disposal of carpet, smooth-edge and carpet staples (inc tipping fees)
$25 per metre
Filling of cracks with putty or resin
$120 per hour
Furniture removal - price is subject to the amount of furniture to be moved and whether replacement is required
From $250 per job
Melbourne's Affordable Floor Sanding
Floor Sanding Melbourne quote - you can be sure that there are no hidden costs. Our quotations are all inclusive, so there will be no hidden surprises. There is a $50 fee to inspect your total floor and provide a quotation, however, this is refundable when you go ahead with the timber floor sanding service.
The cost varies between cities and states and will vary depending on the state of the timber floor and total work required. If you would like a table of charges please call Floor Sanding team in Melbourne VIC 3005 on 1300 993 410 or email us for more information.
Melbourne's Best timber floor sanding and staining
Fading, bleaching and darkening in Wood, Timber or Bamboo floors because of sun exposure is a pretty complex subject. Ultimately, color deterioration in hardwood floors is the result of overexposure from 3 things: ultra violet (UV) light, visible light and the infrared (IR) light which causes solar heat. UV light has the most impact on color change of the actual wood. If you need to have your floor restored from Sun damage, feel free to contact Melbourne’s Timber Floor Sanding or request a call now. We provide floor sanding, floor polishing Melbourne and floor refinishing.
Dustless Floor Sanding & Timber flooring Polishing Melbourne
Unlike common floor tiles, cleaning, sanding and restoring Wood floors, Timber floors and Bamboo floors has the potential to create a mess, unless you bring in the experts. We use a weighted rotary sander that takes off less wood in the sanding process and enabling us to refinish delicately engineered timber floors without the risk of causing damage to your precious timber floors. This sanding machinery, helps to minimise the mess that floor restoration can make.
Melbourne Floor Sanding Services
If you need floor sanding and floor polishing on wooden floors, call a local Floor Sanding in Melbourne expert you can trust.
Wooden Floor Inspection
Electrodry Floor Sanding Melbourne will inspect the state of your floors to determine the amount of sanding and polishing work to be done.
Wooden Floor Refinishing
Floor Sanding Melbourne provides Durable, scratch-resistant, long-lasting results. We use high quality 2-pack polyurethane coatings.
Our Wood Floor Sanding and Timber Floor Polishing Process
- STEP 1
We start by giving the floors to be sanded a thorough clean and punching nails a little deeper into the floorboards where required.
- STEP 2
Sand the total floor with a weighted rotary sander, this machinery removes less timber than a belt sander, so your floor will last.
- STEP 3
Sand the floor using progressively finer grades of sandpaper to remove floor scratches and discolouring, and give your floor a clean beautiful finish.
- STEP 4
Using a hand held rotary sander, we sand the edges to leave a smooth, scratch free finish.
- STEP 5
Apply a water-based primer to prepare it for coating. If required, we can follow this up with a thin coat of a desired toner.
- STEP 6
Lastly, we apply two coats of a high density, two-pack water-based polyurethane for a durable finish.
sand and polish floorboards melbourne
Sand and polish floorboards is a process of sanding down your floorboards to make them smooth, and then polishing them so they have a shiny finish. This is a great way to make your floors look new again, and it can also help to protect them from damage. sanding smooths the surface of the floorboards, making them more even and therefore easier to clean. Secondly, polishing adds shine and protection to the floor, making it more durable and easier to maintain. Lastly, sanding and polishing can help to increase the value of your home.
hardwood floor refinishing
Hardwood floors are a beautiful and classic addition to any home, but they require some special care to keep them looking their best. One of the most important things you can do for your hardwood floors is to refinish them on a regular basis.
Refinishing hardwood floors is a process of sanding down the top layer of the wood to remove any scratches or damage, and then applying a new finish. There are many reasons why hardwood floor refinishing is important. One reason is that it can help to protect your floors from damage. If your floors are not properly refinished, they can become scratched, dented, or even stained. Hardwood floors are also susceptible to moisture damage, so refinishing them can help to prevent this type of damage as well.
Another reason why hardwood floor refinishing is important is that it can help to improve the appearance of your floors. If your floors are looking dull or scratched, refinishing them can help to brighten them up and make them look like new again. Refinishing your hardwood floors can also help to increase their value, so it is a wise investment for any home.
Why Choose Electrodry Floor Sanding
We provide a first-class Timber Floor Sanding & Floor Polishing services in Melbourne that you and your family can rely on.
Electrodry Floor Sanding Melbourne are highly-qualified and certified by the Australian Timber Flooring Association, guaranteeing high standards.
Let us take care of your Wood, Timber & Bamboo floor polishing.
Safe & Secure - timber floor sanding
We only use industry tested wood floor products and the highest quality sander equipment.
Risk Free floorshow
We sand the floor with a weighted rotary sander, which removes less timber enabling us to refinish without the risk of causing damage.
Floor Sanding in Melbourne keeps the costs low and pass the savings on to locals of Melbourne & Victoria.
Floor Sanding Melbourne
We are Local Default, a floor sanding melbourne company that offers the best quality services in the industry. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the best possible service, and we will always go above and beyond to ensure that you are satisfied with our work. We believe that great customer service is essential in today’s market, and we aim to provide it at every opportunity. Our team of knowledgeable professionals is attentive and eager to help you take care of any floor sanding needs that you may have. Contact us today to schedule a consultation so that we can get started on your project!
Timber Floor Polishing Melbourne
Timber floor polishing Melbourne is a task that most property owners should be aware of. The finish on timber floors can make a big visual and practical difference to the overall look and feel of the room. Here are a few tips on how to achieve the perfect timber floor polish:
- Before starting, ensure that all surfaces that will be in contact with the polish are clean and free of any oils, waxes or other residues. This will help prevent damage to the wood during the polish process.
- . Choose the right type of polish. There are several types available, each with its own various strengths and weaknesses. Test out different brands and formulations to find one that delivers the best results for your particular flooring.
- . Apply a small amount of polish to a cloth (microfibre recommended) and buff it into the surface using light circular motions. Work in small sections at a time, avoiding any harshly abrasive areas.
- . Polish will start to form a protective layer over the wood, so once you’ve reached all areas use a clean cloth to remove any excess polish. Be sure not to scrub too hard – you want to remove only enough polish to achieve an even finish without scratching the wood.
- . Allow the polished floor to dry completely before doing anything else – including walking on it! Half-finished polishes can result in uneven wear and tear on your flooring over time, so it’s important to get it done correctly from the beginning.
Timber Flooring Melbourne Prices
When it comes to choosing the right flooring for your home, timber is always a popular option. Our Timber Flooring Melbourne Prices can help you find the perfect solution for your needs. There are many different types of timber flooring available in Melbourne, each with its own unique benefits. For example, hardwood timber floors are strong and durable and make a great choice if you need a floor that will last. Other options include engineered wood floors, which are made with specially-treated timbers that make them resistant to moisture and decay. There are also laminate and parquet options, both of which offer a variety of textures, colors and patterns that can fit any home style. To get started, our team at Timber Flooring Melbourne Prices can help you Choose The Right Floor For You. We have access to a wide range of materials and options, so we can help you find the perfect floor for your home. Call us today to learn more!
Timber Floor Sanding Melbourne
Timber floors are beautiful, but they can be a challenge to keep clean. If you want to keep your timber floor shining, it needs to be sanded at least once a year. There are several types of sanders that can be used on timber floors, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Here’s a guide to choosing the right sander for your timber floor: Cordless power tools – These tend to be the easiest to use, but they have limited reach. They’re great if you only have a small area to sand. Powered tools – These have more reach and can do more delicate work. However, they can be harder to handle and may require more effort than cordless tools to start up. Powder-coated finish – This type of finish is less susceptible to scratches, but it requires special care when cleaning. Upholstery cleaners won’t damage the finish, but might leave residue. To clean powder-coated timber, use a diluted white vinegar solution and a soft cloth. Never use ammonia or any other aggressive cleaner on this type of finish.
Timber Floor Repairs Melbourne
If your timber floor is starting to show signs of wear and tear, it’s time to get it fixed. Here are a few quick tips to help you fix your floor in a hurry:
- Make a list of what needs to be repaired. Check baseboards, corners, seams and rails.
- . Consider enlisting the help of a professional. A qualified tradesperson can make quick work of repairing your floor, and they’ll also be able to give you an idea of how much work needs to be done on specific areas.
- . Use copious amounts of liquid furniture polish or wood armor when refinishing your timber floor. This will keep the finish looking new for years to come.
Wood Floors Melbourne
If you’re considering updating your home’s flooring, be sure to consider a wood floor. This popular material is sturdy and elegant, and can add character and tradition to any space. Here are some benefits of choosing wood floors:
- They’re eco-friendly: Wood floors are one of the most sustainable options when it comes to flooring. They’re easy to care for and require little or no maintenance, which is a bonus if you have small children or pets.
- They’re versatile: You can use wood floors in any room in your house – whether it’s the living room, kitchen, or bedroom. They come in a range of colors, textures, and styles, so you can find the perfect look for your home.
- They’re durable: Wood floors are strong and resilient. They’ll last many years if cared for properly – just make sure to clean them regularly to avoid harmful build-ups.
Floor Sanding Melbourne FAQs
How much does it cost to sand and polish floorboards Melbourne?
Can you do floor sanding yourself?
How much does it cost to get wood floors polished?
Is sanding a floor messy?
How much does it cost to polish floorboards Melbourne?
How much does it cost to polish floors?
total floor sanding
timber floor sanding
- wooden floor
- hardwood floors
- polishing services
- floor installation
floor polishing services
- square foot
- astoria floors
- melbourne services
- whole floor
- new boards
- good door mats
finishes for wood
floor sanding and polishing melbourne price
flooring services melbourne
floor sanding melbourne
floor sanding and polishing melbourne
electrodry timber refresh
electrodry floor polishing
floor refinishing services
floor sanding price
carpet removal and floor polishing
wood floor polishing
floor sanding and polishing near me
floor polishing price
timber refresh coating
refresh floor restoration
polishing hardwood floors cost
hardwood floor polishing cost
domestic floor sanding
floor sanding and polishing
- timber floor polishing melbourne
- timber floor sanding melbourne
- timber flooring melbourne prices
- timber floor repairs melbourne
floor repairs melbourne VIC
wooden floors melbourne
wood floors melbourne
hardwood floors melbourne
cost of engineered timber flooring
timber floor restoration
hardwood flooring prices
timber floor sanding and polishing
timber floor sanding
hardwood flooring service melbourne
- engineered flooring prices
- engineered wood flooring cost
- engineered wood flooring prices
- engineered timber flooring cost
- engineered hardwood flooring cost
- engineered wooden flooring prices
hardwood flooring price
cost of engineered wood flooring
engineered timber flooring prices
engineered timber flooring melbourne prices
wood flooring melbourne
floorboard repairs melbourne
engineered timber flooring price
engineered wood flooring price
how much does parquet flooring cost
floor sanding & polishing melbourne
About Melbourne, Victoria
Neighborhoods in Melbourne
Melbourne CBD, Fishermans Bend, Karingal, Westgarth, NewQuay, Kerrimuir, Pennydale, Heatherdale, Clayton North, Collins Street Precinct, Morang South, Dandenong West, North Brighton,Tally Ho, Black Rock North, Black Springs, Lower Templestowe, Jolimont, Auburn, Mont Park, Wandin, Stony Point, Saint Albans, Evelyn, South Belgrave, East End, Dingley, North Eltham, South Werribee, Coode Island
Melbourne Top sights
Top sights by interest
Top experiences in Melbourne, VIC
Notable neighbourhoods Melbourne
The Process Of Floor Sanding In Melbourne, VIC
Floor sanding is a process that can be used to improve the appearance of your floors and extend their lifespan. It is a popular choice for both residential and commercial properties in Melbourne Victoria Australia. Floor sanding can be done by hand or with a machine, and the type of machine you use will depend on the type of floor you have. The process begins with removing the old finish, which is done with coarse-grit sandpaper. The next step is to smooth out the floor with finer-grit sandpaper. Once the floor is smooth, a new finish can be applied.
What Is The Process Of Sanding Floors?
The process of sanding floors is not as difficult as it may seem. With the right tools and a little bit of elbow grease, anyone can sand a floor and achieve a smooth, even finish.
Here is a step-by-step guide to sanding floors:
- Begin by sweeping the floor to remove any dirt or debris.
- Next, use coarse-grit sandpaper for sanding the floor in a circular motion.
- Continue sanding with progressively finer grit sandpaper until the floor is smooth.
- Finally, vacuum the floor to remove any dust particles.
How Long Does Sanding A Floor Take?
The average homeowner can sand a floor in about four hours, assuming the floor is in good condition, and the person doing the work reasonably fits. The time it takes to sand a floor can be divided into three main categories: prep time, sanding time, and cleanup time.
Prep time includes all the activities that need to be done to get the floor ready for sanding. This includes things like removing furniture from the room, sweeping and vacuuming the floor, and taping off any areas that you don’t want to be sanded.
Sanding time is the amount of time it takes to sand the floor. This will vary depending on the size of the room and the type of sander being used. A large room with a powerful sander can be sanded in as little as an hour, while a small room with a hand-held sander may take several hours.
Cleanup time is the amount of time it takes to clean up after sanding. This includes sweeping up the dust, cleaning the sander, and putting furniture back in the room.
The average homeowner can expect to spend four hours sanding a floor. This can be broken down into one hour of prep time, two hours of sanding time, and one hour of cleanup time.
The Benefits Of Floor Sanding
When it comes to floors, many homeowners believe that they do not need to be sanded regularly. After all, what good is a shiny floor if it’s constantly covered in dirt and dust? While this may once have been the case, times have changed. Today, floors look best and smell best when they are completely sanded and de-dusted regularly.
Here are some of the many benefits of floor sanding:
- Dust-free Floors: A heavily dusted floor can become messy very quickly. Not only is this unsightly, but it also makes it difficult to move around on the floor and to clean up spills. In addition, clothing or debris can easily become embedded in the dust, leading to allergies and asthma problems. A regularly sanded floor eliminates all of these concerns.
- Shining Floors: Floor sanding also polishes the floors to a high shine. This means that your floors will look beautiful regardless of whether there is furniture or not- making them perfect for any interior decorating style.
- Enhanced Traction: A well-polished floor will also have enhanced traction properties. This means that clothes and items placed on the floor will stay in place and not slide around. This can be beneficial in several ways. For one, it can help keep clothing from wrinkling or getting damaged. It can also help to keep items from being accidentally knocked over.
A well-polished floor can also help to reduce the risk of slips and falls. This is because the floor will have a more even surface providing better traction. This can be especially beneficial in areas with a lot of foot traffic.
The Different Types Of Floor Sanding Machines
Floor sanding machines come in a variety of shapes and sizes. All have one purpose: to remove the finish from your floor. There are three main
belt, drum and disc.
- Belt sanders are the most common type of machine. They have a long, narrow belt that’s connected to a motor. The belt moves across the floor, and the sandpaper attached to the belt rubs against the floor to remove the finish. Belt sanders are convenient and easy to use, but they can be slow and require a lot of effort to get the job done.
- Drum sanders are similar to belt sanders but have a drum instead of a belt. The drum rotates as the machine moves across the floor, and the paper attached rubs against the floor to remove the finish. Drum sanders are faster than belt sanders, but they can be more difficult to use because you have to keep track of the drum while it’s moving.
- Disc Sander is another machine that uses discs instead of belts or drums. The discs rotate as the machine moves across the floor, and they scrape off the finish. Disc sanders are faster than drum sanders, but they can be more difficult to control.
The Cost Of Floor Sanding In Melbourne
When it comes to floor sanding in Melbourne, VIC, the cost can vary greatly depending on a number of factors. The size of the area to be sanded, the type of flooring, the condition of the floor, and the desired finish are all important factors that will affect the cost.
For a small area, such as a hallway or bathroom, the cost of floor sanding can be as low as $100. For a larger area, like a living room or dining room, the cost can be upwards of $1000.
The type of flooring will also affect the cost of floor sanding. Timber floors are the most common type of flooring in Melbourne, and they can be sanded and refinished to look new again. Other types of flooring, such as tile or vinyl, can also be sanded, but the results may not be as good as with timber.
The condition of the floor is another important factor that will affect the cost of floor sanding. If the floor is in good condition, with only minor scratches or scuffs, the cost will be lower than if the floor is in poor condition, with deep scratches or gouges.
The desired finish is also an essential factor to consider when deciding on the cost of floor sanding. A high-gloss finish will be more expensive than a matte finish, but it will also be more durable and easier to clean.
In general, the cost of floor sanding in Melbourne, VIC, will depend on the size of the area to be sanded, the type of flooring, the condition of the floor, and the desired finish. For a small area, such as a hallway or bathroom, the cost can be as low as $100. For a larger area, like a living room or dining room, the cost can be upwards of $1000.
Driving Direction via Fastest route now due to traffic conditions
What is the process of sanding floors?
The floor is sanded using a belt sander. The belt rides across the surface and wears away at the material.
How do I prep my house for floor sanding?
A wide buffer should be used to clean the floor before sanding. The surface should also be primed and then sealed with an appropriate sealant to prevent dust and debris from embedding in the Wood. Adequate respiratory protection is also required when sanding floors as particulate matter can inhale deeply into the lungs.
How long does sanding a floor take?
Sanding a floor can take different lengths of time according to the size and shape of the bed. Boards or large tiles can take longer than small areas.
How much does it cost to sand and polish floorboards in Melbourne?
The price for sand and polish floorboards in Melbourne depends on the amount of work needed. Generally, it will cost between $100 and $200 to have floors sanded and polished.
Do I need to clean floors before sanding?
No, cleaning floors before sanding is not necessary. However, if you have hardwood floors that haven’t been vacuumed in a while, it might be a good idea to sweep and mop them first. Then you can use an appropriate floor cleaner on the sandpaper to avoid damaging the Wood’s grain.
How do I prep my house for floor sanding?
To prep your house for floor sanding, you’ll need to remove all the furniture and sheetrock. It would help if you also cleaned any dust or debris from the floors, making it easier to see scratches and imperfections. Make sure no nails or screws on the floor could get caught on the sandpaper. Finally, secure any objects that could fall during the job by connecting them with brackets or clamps.
Floor Sanding & Floor Polishing FAQ
There’s not too much to do prior to the floor sanding and floor polishing job. You will need to remove all furniture and personal items from the rooms that we will be sanding. If you would like to leave very heavy items in place such as your fridge, Floor Sanding team in Melbourne can work around these.
Depends on your floor area. Small jobs, such a single room, can be completed in a day. Medium size jobs (up to 75 square metres) will usually be completed in two days but may require three. Time frames for larger jobs will depend on the size of the job and the work required. Our super friendly and professional team from Floor Sanding Melbourne will be able to give you a time frame when they inspect the job. Beautiful staining will increase the job time by 24 to 48 hours, depending on the size of the job.
Floor Sanding Melbourne uses skilled 2 man crews (no junior apprentices) and rapid curing two-pack floor coatings that allow us to apply multiple coats of polyurethane to your floor in a day. This is in contrast to other floor sanders and floor polishers who often use a technician and a junior apprentice and apply two or three solvent-based coatings over two or three days.
We provide timber floor sanding and floor polishing services for hardwood and engineered wood floors. Engineered floors have a 2 – 3mm timber veneer over MDF board, that can be safely sanded using our rotary sanding process.
Call us on 1300 993 410 to talk to us about your floor sanding needs.